I‘m a Martu man, an Indigenous Australian, from the Pilbara region of North-Western Australia (WA).
Formally speaking, my title is Dr., Dr. (because I have two PhD’s). I’m the first Indigenous Australian to receive two PhD’s in two separate disciplines; one in Information Technology and the other in Marketing. I’m probably the first Indigenous Australian to be awarded a PhD in Marketing.
Here are some other things about me you need to know:
- I lived in the WA Desert with my Grandmother for five years.
- To draw, I use an Apple pencil on an iPad Pro.
- I’ve been online since 1995, around the time the Internet was born. In 1998, I started building commercial websites and in 2003 I started specialising in Search Engine Marketing.
- I’m a dreamer, a yogi and a dad.
- I went from door-to-door for twenty-five years, talked about the Bible to roughly seventy thousand people and eventually came to the conclusion that God only exists in people’s imaginations.
- I try to be fun but my girlfriend is the fun one.
- My work ethos is to:
- Give a shit
- Be courageously honest
- Find a way
- Wear my chicken suit
- Respect others
About this website
This website is an example of how Aboriginal artists and communities can use the Internet to generate an income, independent of greedy middlemen or government funding. Your support really makes a difference.